Friday, August 17, 2012

to save my own skin.

still winding down from a long day at lake lanier yesterday. whew. you'd think rest and relaxation time would mean just that. in fact, it was relaxing, however, skip the "resting" part of it. i went with a group of my good friends: giselle, steven, rachel, kayla, andrew, ashley, wesley, kirsten, and tolu (and my brother, peter...unfortunately my dear caleb had work, so he was not able to go...) to the lake and we jet-skiid, tubed, and boated all day long. i came home with a majourly unattractive sunburn that covered every exposed inch of my body and turned it into a lovely lobster-red.  i decided that i would "pinterest" some natural ways to make the burn not...well...burn so much.
the ideas that sounded the most reasonable to me were the ones that shocked my husband perhaps the most. haha. poor guy.
i bathed in water that had been steeped with eleven black-tea bags. he made jokes about drinking the bath water after i finished. (what a guy). we also stopped by the H-Mart on the way home from picking up our climbing shoes - which were ten dollars on an uber good sale at stone summit - and bought some fresh aloe vera leaves. he helped me cut them open and de-juice them so i could smear the freezing cold liquid on my skin. there's nothing like a cold bath and cold juice all over your body. i have work in a few hours, so i sure hope that my skin is at least relieved from the pain. i guess i'll see if peter's sunburn is as horrid as mine is when i go to work...i think he works the same shift as me? *siblings unite*!

No comments:

Post a Comment